The Cupper’s Kit is ideal for beginners and advanced tasters alike. We created this kit to answer one of our most frequently asked questions:
Which spoon is best for cupping?
To be honest, most cuppers use 3 spoons for the most ease and efficiency. The Cupper’s Kit contains the 3 spoons you need to get started: 2 Big Dippers & 1 Little Dipper.
Want more detail? You bet. Most cuppers have multiple styles of cupping spoons. This is because we need at least 2 styles to most easily and efficiently perform all cupping functions. What are those cupping functions?
- Breaking. During the cupping process, an aromatic crust of coffee grounds forms on the surface of the cupping bowl. After four minutes, you can break the crust with any style of cupping spoon – Big or Little Dipper.
- Skimming. After you break the crust, you need to use two Big Dippers to skim the remaining bits of foam and coffee particles from the surface of the bowl. Little Dippers aren’t great for this. A single spoon won’t do the trick either. It takes two Big Dippers.
- Slurping. This is when you dip a cupping spoon into the coffee, then slurp directly from the spoon. You can use either style for slurping, and I personally prefer Little Dippers. The deeper bowl means less spillage and many find it’s easier to slurp from. The Little Dipper is the slurping and tasting spoon of choice for coffee and food professionals alike.
🌈 CHECK THE FAQs TAB FOR MORE INFO!
Follow us on Instagram:
@umeshiso_ (all things coffee)
@getpsychedcoffee (our mental health nonprofit)
WHAT IS SLIDING SCALE?
Everything on our webshop is priced on a sliding scale. Just choose the price that is comfortable for you. Our goal is to make each item as accessible as possible, to folks from all different backgrounds. Those who are able to pay more make it possible for others with fewer resources to pay less.
DOES UMESHISO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
Umeshiso ships only to US & Canada, but our stockists ship everywhere. Our stockist list is here along with the countries they ship to and direct links.
WHAT ARE THE UTENSILS MADE OF?
Umeshiso utensils are made of culinary stainless steel. The color coatings, including the rainbow finish, are achieved with electroplating.
ARE THE UTENSILS DISHWASHER SAFE?
Yes, all Umeshiso utensils are dishwasher-safe.
WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS?
Umeshiso carries three spoon styles.
- Big Dipper (for coffee & food): 7.5” long
- Little Dipper (for coffee & food): 6.4” long
- Mini Dipper (for tea, espresso, spices, etc): 4.25” long
🥄 THE BIG DIPPER is light weight with a long handle. It has a wide, flat bowl. It is great for food and coffee cupping. When used for cupping, it has dual functionality and works great for both skimming and slurping. When used for regular food purposes, it’s great for anything you can do with a spoon – cereal, soup, ice cream, you name it.
BIG DIPPER SPECS
- Total Length: 7.5” / 19 cm
- Handle Length: 5.5 in / 14 cm
- Bowl Diameter: 2 in / 5 cm
- Bowl Depth: 0.25 in / 0.6 cm
- Volume Capacity: Approx. 1 tablespoon of liquid
- Weight: 44 – 46g
🥄 THE LITTLE DIPPER is heavier with a shorter handle and deeper bowl. It is great for food and coffee cupping. When used for cupping, it’s a perfect slurping spoon. The deeper bowl prevents spillage, allowing you to fully focus on the coffee. When used for regular food purposes, it’s great for tasting sauces and broths and anything else you can do with a spoon – cereal, soup, ice cream, you name it.
LITTLE DIPPER SPECS
- Total Length: 6.4 in / 16.25 cm
- Handle Length: 4.5 in / 11.5 cm
- Bowl Diameter: 1.9 in / 4.8 cm
- Bowl Depth: 0.5 in / 1.1 cm
- Volume Capacity: Approx. 1 tablespoon of liquid
- Weight: 56 – 58g
🥄 THE MINI DIPPER is our smallest spoon. It is a demitasse spoon, also called a tea spoon or an espresso spoon. It is perfect for stirring espresso and tea, portioning sugar and seasonings, stirring the bloom of a pourover, really anything you can do with a tiny spoon.
MINI DIPPER SPECS
- Total Length: 4.25 in / 10.75 cm
- Handle Length: 3 in / 7.5 cm
- Bowl Length: 4.25 in / 10.75cm
- Bowl Width: 0.75 / 2cm
- Bowl Depth: 0.125 in / 0.3 cm
- Volume Capacity: Approx. 1 ML of liquid
- Weight: 11 – 13g
HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION?
Please check our full FAQ page
Delivery & Policies
UMESHISO SHIPS ONLY TO US & CANADA, BUT OUR STOCKISTS SHIP EVERYWHERE.
Our stockist list is here.
CUSTOMS & IMPORT TAXES
Canadian buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. Umeshiso is not responsible for delays due to customs.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
We gladly accept returns, exchanges and cancellations. Just contact us within 3 days of delivery and send items back to us within 7 days of delivery. Buyers are responsible for return postage costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Request a cancellation within 12 hours of purchase.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ORDER?
Please contact us if you have any questions about your order.